You don’t need AI-driven IR35 assessment tools or any other assessment services. You simply adopt a set of working practices and contractual terms already known, pre-assessed and safely Outside-IR35-compliant.
Clients really CAN engage Outside IR35 resources just as you always have.
Welcome to 34square, the gathering place for contractors, recruiters and your clients to sustain compliant outside IR35 talent acquisition and retention in just two easy steps.
Contractor’s limited company and Client electronically sign a carefully crafted Right of Substitution Declaration that, with our innovative substitution capability, safeguards service delivery and contractual integrity in the rare event a substitute is required.
Client hirer prompted to generate, issue to the worker and fee payer, store and periodically review and re-issue watertight Outside IR35 Status Determination Statements, in line with the regulatory and reasonable care obligations laid down by HMRC.
Both of these simple steps executed in minutes, with electronic signature, workflow and secure document storage on our platform.
Why should contractors join?
- Even if your client hasn’t yet embraced our full model, our innovative substitution capability, complete with legal contracts, workflow and electronic signature, helps to protect them in the event HMRC raises a dispute.
- This elevates your own outside IR35 credentials for your client.
- This in turn helps to protect and sustain outside IR35 for all of us.
- It won’t take many HMRC dispute victories to fuel the early trend of clients throwing in the towel. So let’s ensure our clients can be compliant.
How do we help clients sleep easy?
- Our subscribed contractors pay a nominal annual fee to help you to continue to acquire and retain them the way you always have. We don’t charge the client.
- We furnish contractors with a robust substitution capability in the event you both determine it’s warranted in the absence of your usual resource.
- We help cement a legal right of substitution you should already have in your contractual terms, with the added protection of a Right of Substitution Declaration. These FAQs explain what you are and more importantly, are NOT signing up to.
- We trigger your hirers to generate, issue, store and periodically review watertight Outside IR35 Status Determination Statements,
- Our Status Determination Statements page explains how we help you to meet the regulatory, compliance and reasonable care obligations laid down by HMRC.
How do we help recruiters drive their business?
- We remove the uncertainty of assessing candidates and engagements, by prescribing the requirements in advance to enable safe, compliant Outside IR35 engagements.
- We remove the risks you take on as the deemed employer or fee payer, as stated in EXAMPLE FOUR at the bottom of this HMRC page.
- We help you help your clients retain their resourcing agility and competitive advantage.
- You can bring this capability to your clients free of charge and help to remove one of their potentially most painful headaches.
- In the event of a rare substitution event, you retain your margin by continuing to charge the client and pay your contractor as usual.
- Your contractor can meet the HMRC stipulation of engaging and paying the substitute, with a legally binding contract and overall contractual integrity and continuity.
How do we help contractors safeguard their futures?
- Being forced inside IR35 could cost you between 15% and 25% of your take home income.
- We can help industry, help your clients to keep fuelling a thriving outside IR35 resource pool and delivery channel.
- This service will cost you less than £2 a week after tax. Less than 0.25% of your take home income?
- You and your client may never have to use a substitute, but your membership of 34square should help your clients to robustly embrace the concept that the legal right must exist in order to protect the delivery obligations of your contract for services.
How do we help industry as a whole?
- Widespread adoption of our model will substantially elevate the capability of industry to meet the regulatory, compliance and reasonable care bar set by HMRC, without incurring material cost or risk.
- This in turn will lessen the requirement for HMRC disputes and reduce the probability of high profile HMRC victories destabilising the rest of the private sector’s appetite for outside IR35 engagement.
- Unless and until the public sector catches up, private sector organisations can continue to retain the edge in terms of talent acquisition and retention.
- 34square can drive all of this with no disruption of your existing relationships with one another and without demanding a percentage of the commercial arrangements in place.
Learn about tipping the scales in your favour.
IR35 Status Determination – See the FULL Picture.
We’ve boiled down HMRC’s assessment tool into a simple one page flow.
Right of Substitution is always in HMRC crosshairs.
- HMRC takes a risk-based approach when considering a dispute,
- A right of substitution CAN be a sole determinant of an outside IR35 status, backed by case law and HMRC’s position as evidenced in their CEST tool.
- The reason it often isn’t is because HMRC finds a weakness.
- 34square has removed ALL the cracks, so why not harness our model and stay out of their sights.